Authors: Holubnycha V.M., Chemych M.D.
The purpose of the study was to evaluate the frequency of the opportunistic pathogens isolation from the upper respiratory tract and gastrointestinal tract of the patients with acute respiratory viral infection. In addition, our task was to examine the factors that could realize microbes’ pathogenic potential and their influence on clinical manifestation.
Clinical and laboratory examination of 42 patients with acute respiratory viral infection was conducted. The investigation of the micro-ecological violations character was conducted using bacteriological and immunological study of nasal swabs from patients with acute respiratory viral infection. Research of the anti-lysozyme and anti-interferon activity was carried out according to the method of deferred antagonism using commercial preparations of lysozyme and human leukocyte interferon. Adhesive potential of the microbes was conducted using of the O+/- human blood group. Statistical analysis of the results was performed by determination of the relative error values, Student coefficient, and Pearson correlation coefficient.
There were isolated and identified 207 strains of bacteria and fungi. Among microorganisms isolated from the respiratory tract the proportion of opportunistic pathogens was 63.0 %. Staphylococci (73.4%) were isolated most often, and the level of the respiratory tract contamination by these pathogens in patients with complicated and uncomplicated course was similar. Determination of persistent factors showed the depending of the clinical course on the staphylococci anti-lysozyme and anti-interferon activity level.
Staphylococci are the dominant members of the normal microflora in patients with acute respiratory viral infection. Presence of the anti-lysozyme and anti-interferon activity in the microorganisms has influence on the clinical features of viral infections in adults.
Key words: viral infection, anti-lysozyme, anti-interferon activity, staphylococci, complicated course.
1. Таrаsiuk ОО, Lоmnitskа VB, Моtа BYe. [Microbiota of the upper respiratory tract in patients with influenza and acute respiratory viral infections]. Nа dоpоmоhu pеdіаtru. 2010;5(26):15–22.
2. Klimova UА, Tоkmаlаiev YuP, Bаlmаsоvа IP. [Clinical and immunological efficacy of immunotherapy of patients with adenovirus infection]. Infection Diseases. 2011;9(1):37–41.
3. Маlеiev VV. [Problems and prospects of infectious diseases pathogenetic therapy]. Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases. 2000;3:4–8.
4. Kramar LV, Zhadchenkо UV, Chlyninа UО, Rоdinоvа NV. [Phenotypic characteristics of the S. aureus population, isolated from different categories of vehicles]. Fundamental Research. 2012;4:295–298.
5. Zаchаrоvа UV, Маrkоvskаya АА. [Influence of bacteria adhesive activity on their quantitative content in the gut in HIV-infected children]. Fundamental Research. 2011;7:61–63.
6. Kоzhuchаr UU, Dоrоfeieva NH, Zаhаinоvа NN. [The species composition, anti-lysozyme and anti-immunoglobulin activity of the bacteria isolated from the cavities of children]. Zbirnyk naukovych prats «Аktuаlnі prоblеmy аkushеrstvа і hіnеkоlоhіi, klіnіchnoi іmunolohii tа mеdychnoi hеnеtyky». 2009;16:286–289.
7. Аznаbаyеvа LM. [Drug regulation of anti-lysozyme activity of staphylococci]. Modern Problems of Science and Education. 2013;2:71–79.
8. Vozianova LL, Pechinka AM, Mytus NV, Chepilko KI, Podolyuk OO. Metodychni rekomendatsii. Pryntsypy diahnostyky ta likuvannia khvorykh na hostri respiratorni virusni infektsii [Guidelines. Principles of acute respiratory viral infections diagnosis and treatment]. Kyiv: NМU Bоhоmolets Publ., 2009. 27 p.
9. Shyrobocov VP, Dzyublyk ІV, Vоronenkо SH. Metodychni rekomendatsii. Zastosuvannia shvydkykh testiv u laboratornii diahnostytsi infektsiinykh khvorob [Guidelines. The use of rapid tests in the laboratory diagnosis of infectious diseases]. Кyiv, 2006. 31 p.
10. Bucharin ОV, Usviatsov IA, Маlyshkin. [Method of the аnti-lysozyme activity of the microorganisms]. Мicrobiology. 1984;27:27–28.
11. Diagnostika i sanatsiia stafilokokkovykh bakterionositelei: metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of the staphylococcal carrier]. Moscow, 2001. 15 p.
12. Brilis VI, Brilis ТА, Lancer ChH, Lancer AA. [Меthods of the microorganism adhesive activity examination]. Laboratornoie delo. 1986;4:210–212.
13. Fеklisоvа LV, Меskinа ЕR, Hаlkina LА. [Modern approaches for the correction of the oral cavity biocoenosis]. Lechachshii vrach. 2009;10;4–7.
14. Chоult D, Кrih N, Snit P, Steili N, Uiliams S. Bergey’s manual of the systematic bacteriology. Moscow: Мir Publ., 1997. 368 p.