Despite the fact that the clinic of delusional disorders is known, described, studied from different perspectives, their nature is still an unexplored area of psychiatry. It is not clear what psychological processes and mechanisms are involved in the formation of delusions, what mental material forms the basis for its clinical diversity, why delusions, despite the existential differences in people's lives, have the stable forms and a stereotypically repeating semantic structure. Biologically oriented medicine does not provide answers to these questions.
Therefore, the aim of this publication was to create a model in which, by analyzing, comparing, generalizing the positions of individual concepts recognized in psychology, one could find answers to emerging questions, try to discover the nature of delusions, understand the processes and mechanisms underlying in its formation and identify those links that will help to optimize the processes of therapy and reveal the possibilities of psychocorrection.
For this purpose, certain provisions of the theory of K. Jung on the collective unconscious and archetypes, which are actively developed in archetypical psychology, were used. To understand the basis on which archetypical concepts and images are structured, the principles and laws that are the basis of Gestalt psychology were involved. Convenient conceptual elements became firstly developed in psychoanalysis, and then in general psychology the notions of projection and reflection, which are traditionally considered separately. From our point of view, projection and reflection are a single mechanism based on the universal principle of the continuum, which underlies in the organization of virtually all dynamic interactions of mental activity. Thus, the delusional states are a complexly organized form of pathology, which is well revealed first of all from the positions of the regularities already studied and known in psychology. Analyzing these processes, we came to the conclusion that the recognized positive effect of neuroleptic and anxiolytic drugs in delirious therapy can be studied using psychological criteria for treatment of pathology. Another important conceptual point. The study of pathology can be the key to understanding some important aspects of the normal functioning of the psyche. Such a problem is the pathology of faith and its destructive form, which is an important pathogenetic link in the formation of delusional states.
Keywords: archetypes, concepts, gestalt, projection, reflection, destructive faith.
- Ribalskiyj MI. Bred [The Delussion]. M.: Medicina Publ, 1993, 368 p.
- Kustov AV, Alieksieieva YuA. Mislennya: psikhologіchnі, psikhopatologіchnі ta psikhoterapevtichnі aspekti [Thinking: psychological, psychopathological and psychotherapeutic aspects]. Sumy: SumDU Publ, 2010, 320 p.
- Kustov AV, Alieksieieva Yu A. Ekspressivnoe povedenie v norme i patologii [Expressive behavior in norm and pathology]. Saarbrucken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 2015, 288 p.
- Kustova YuA. Psikhologіchniyj analіz vivchennya problemi rozvitku moraljnoї svіdomostі і samosvіdomostі osobistostі [Psychological analysis of the study of the development of moral consciousness and self-consciousness of the individual]. Kyiv: NPU іm. M. P. Dragomanova Publ, 2002; (18): 163–168.
- Faustov AA. Arkhetip. Poehtika: slovarj aktualjnihkh terminov i ponyatiyj [The archetype. Poetics: a dictionary of current terms and concepts] M.: Izdatelstvo Kulaginoyj Intrada, 2008, P. 24.
- Yung K. Arkhetip i simvol [Architype and Symbol]. M.: Renessans Publ, 1991, 304 p.
- Yung K. Chelovek i ego simvoli [A man and his Symbols]. SPb.: B.S.K. Publ, 1996, 452 p.
- Yung K. Dusha i mif: shestj arkhetipov [Soul and myth: six archetypes] – Gosudarstvennaya biblioteka Ukrainih dlya yunoshestva, 1996, 384 p.
- Yung EG. Psikhologiya bessoznateljnogo [Psychology of the unconscious]. M.: Kogito – Centr, 2010, 352 p.
- Yung KG. Problemih dushi nashego vremeni [The problem of the soul of our time] Piter, 2017, 336 p.
- Khillman Dzh. Arkhetipicheskaya psikhologiya [Archetypal psychology]. SPb.: B.S.K. Publ, 1996, 157 p.
- Vertgeymer M. Produktivnoe mihslenie [Productive thinking]. M.: Progress Publ, 1987, 258 p.
- Dunker K. Kachestvennoe (ehksperimentaljnoe i teoreticheskoe) issledovanie produktivnogo mihshleniya [Qualitative (experimental and theoretical) study of productive thinking]. Psikhologiya mihshleniya. M., 1965: 21–85.
- Dunker K. Psikhologiya produktivnogo (tvorcheskogo) mihshleniya [Psychology of productive (creative) thinking]. Psikhologiya mihshleniya. M., 1965: 86–234.
- Wertheimer M. Die Abhandlungen zur Gestaltteorie [The treatises on Gestalt theory]. Philosophische Akademie, 1925, 342 p.
- Alieksieieva YuA. Psychological aspects of systematization of forms and kinds of faith. GISAP: Psychological Sciences. L.: IASHE, 2016; (8): 24-27.
- Alieksieieva YuA. Test doslіdzhennya form vіri [The study of forms of faith]. K.: NPU іm. M.P. Dragomanova Publ, 2015; 42 p.
- Alieksieieva YuA. Vzaiemozv’yazok vіri і tcіnnosteyj v prostorі osobistostі [Interrelation of faith and values in the space of personality]. K.: NPU іm. M.P. Dragomanova Publ, 2017; (6): 5-17.
- Alieksieieva YuA. Klasifіkacіya form і vidіv vіri osobistostі [Classification of forms and types of the faith of individual]. Kamyanec-Podіljsjkiyj: Aksіoma Publ, 2015; (28): 21–35.
- Alieksieieva YuA. Vіra yak forma stavlennya lyudini do dukhovnikh cіnnosteyj na tlі eskhatologіchnikh perezhivanj [Faith as a form of a person's relationship to the spiritual values against the background of eschatological experiences]. K.:«PP Lisenko M.M.» Publ, 2013; 3 (9): 110–123.