Authors: Ohienko M.M., Bumeister V.I.
In modern life trauma, along with cardiovascular and oncological diseases, is one of the three causes leading to mortality. Our aim was to study the reparative regeneration process inyoung animals (control group);in animals with stimulated severe degree of dehydration (experimental group) and general conditions to correct morphological changes of the injured tibiae caused by severe degree of dehydration (applying "SOLCOSERYL" drug).The experiment was conducted on young male rats aged 4 months, which were divided into 2 groups: control and experimental.The experimental group was subdivided into two subgroups: the rats with severe degree of dehydration (I) and the ratswhich underwent the corrective treatment of structural changes caused by severe degree of dehydration applying "SOLCOSERYL"drug (II). After 3 days there were changes in the cellular composition in the animals from the subgroup I. On the 15th day, severe hematoma were determined in the immature areas of granulation tissue. We observed that the area of fibroreticulate tissue increased, but the area of coarse-fibered bone tissue reduced by 15.48 % (p≤0.0001) compared with the control group. After 15 days in the rats which underwent correction of structural change occured a positive tendency in histostructure: coarse-fibered bone tissue area decreasedby 16.10 % (p ≤ 0.0001), and the plate – up to 14.33 % (p ≤ 0.0001) compared with animals with severe degree of dehydration. After 24 days the structure of theregenerateschanged dramatically in the animals with severe degree of dehydration. For example, the area of coarse-fibered bone tissue increased up to 8.05 % (p ≤ 0.0001) and lamellar bone reduced by 22.82% (p≤0.0001) comparing with the control group. After 24 days firbroreticulate tissue was formed in the animals which underwent corrective treatment.There was more lamellar tissue in the animals which underwent corrective treatment comparing with the animals which had water imbalance,by 24.75 % (p ≤ 0.0001). Accoding to the histological investigation, the results demonstrated that severe dehydration did not change the order of reparative osteogenesis stages, but delayedthe restoration of bones. Thus, the corrector had positive effect on the reparative osteogenesis. Applied "SOLCOSERYL"drug, as a corrector,eliminated negative dehydration and accelerated restructuring and maturation of bone structures.
Key words: general dehydration, cellular composition, correction, "SOLCOSERYL", reparative regeneration.
- Pasternak VM, Krivenko SM, Chernish VYu. [Structure of disability suffered multiple fractures and isolated long bones]. Travma. 2002;3(1):40-43.
- Sokolov VA. Mnozhestvennye i sochetannye travmy [Multiple and associated injuries]. Moskva: GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2006. 512 p.
- Kalashnikov AV, Boier VA, Nikitin PV, Chichirko AM, Chalaydyuk TP. [Diaphyseal fractures in the structure of injuries of the locomotor system in the population of Ukraine]. Visnik ortopediyi, travmatologiyi ta protezuvannya. 2006;1:84–
- Karnezis IA. Biomechanical consideration in biological femoral osteosynthesis: an experimental study of the bridging and wave plating techniques. Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery. 2000;120(5––
- Bogdan OV. [Road traffic injuries in modern conditions]. Travma. 2010;11(2):123–
- Loskutov AE, Kondrashov AN, Bardachenko IV, Zherdev II. [Principles of organization, diagnosis and treatment of patients with concomitant trauma, musculoskeletal and traumatic brain injuries]. Travma. 2005;6(1):3–
- KorzhMO, YaremenkoDO, ShevchenkoOG. [State of thein Ukraine and ways to improve its activities] Stan ortopedo-travmatologichnoyi sluzhbi Ukrayini ta zahodi z pokraschannya yiyi diyalnosti [Orthopaedics and Traumatology: quality problem: Collected papers on materials science and practical conference dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the birth of honored scientist of Ukraine, professor M. I Hvysyuka.]. Kharkiv, 2009, pp. 90–
- Denisyuk BS. [Problems of osteosynthesis need state support] Problemi osteosintezu potrebuyut derzhavnoyi pidtrimki [XIV Congress of Orthopaedic traumatologists in Ukraine, abstracts]. Odesa, 2006, рр. 20–
- Korzh NA, Gerasimenko SI, Klimovitskiy VG. [Grafting of fractures and the results of their treatment in Ukraine (clinical and epidemiological studies)]. Ortopediya, travmatologiya i protezirovanie. 2010;3:26–
- Soboleva AD. Reaktsiya kletok i tkaney na obezvozhivanie [The reaction of cell and tissue on dehydration]. Novosibirsk: Nauka Publ., 1975. 64 p.
- Korzh NA, Deduh NV. [Reparative bone regeneration: a modern perspective on the problem. A regeneration step]. Ortopediya, travmatologiya i protezirovanie. 2006;1:76–
- Luzin VI, Ivanova LN, Nishkumay OI. [Features of bone strength of white rats of senile age which were kept in a diet with high cholesterol]. Problemi osteologIyi. 2004;7(3––
- Pikalyuk VS, Belotserkovskiy VP, Dovgalyuk TYa. [Evaluation of proliferative properties of osteogenic cells during intoxication by lead salts]. Visnik problem biologiyi i meditsini. 2003;2:74–
- Tkach GF. [The dynamics of the chemical composition of post-traumatic regenerate bone under the influence of the combined effects of radiation and heavy metal salts]. Visnik problem biologiyi i meditsini. 2003;1:33–
- Mishalov VD. [State of the secretory apparatus of rat atrial cardiomyocytes in different parts of the atria]. Morfologiya. 2008;1(1):94–
- Anisimova OO. [Dietary supplements in violation of the musculoskeletal system]. Rossiyskie apteki. 2007;5:35.
- Koveshnikov VG, Frolov VM, Kaschenko SA. [Structure and morphogenesis of the skeletal bones of white rats after immunostimulation]. Ukrayinskiy morfologIchniy almanah. 2005;1:25–
- Volova LT , Belozertseva EA, Naumova IN. [Features of bone tissue regeneration after allogenic brefoosteoplastic]. Morfologicheskie vedomosti. 2004;1–2:22.
- Park SY, Birkhold SG, Kubena LF. Effect of storage condition on bone breaking strength and bone ash in laying hens at different stages in production cycles. Poult. Sci. 2003;82:1688–
- Korzh NA, Leonteva FS, Goridova LD. [Clinical and metabolic aspects of osteogenon in the treatment of patients with long bone fractures]. Ortopediya i travmatologiya. 2003;2:94–
- Galushka SV , Nazarov BF, Vlasenko AV. [Volemic violations during heavy gestosis]. Almanah anesteziologii i reanimatologii. 2003;3:21.
- Walsh CA, Birch MA, Fraser WD. Cytokine expression by cultured osteoblast from patients with osteoporotic fractures. Int. J.Exp.Pathol.2000;81(2):159–
- Danilov RK, Borovaya TG, Klochkov ND. [Experimental and histological analysis of histogenesis and reparative tissue regeneration (some results of the twentieth century and prospects for further research)]. Morfologiya. 2000;117(4):7–
- Kartamyisheva NN, Chumakova OV. [Bone remodeling as a model of cellular interactions]. Nefrologiya i dializ. 2004;6(1):43–
- Danilchenko SN, Kalinkevich OV, Pogorelov. 2009;9:119–
- Hartman E. Ectopic bone formation in rats: the importance of vascularity of the acceptor site. Biomaterials. 2004;25:5831-5837.
- Dobronravov VA. [Calcium-phosphorus balance and bone mineral density of different parts of the skeleton in patients on chronic hemodialysis]. Nefrologiya. 2006;4:31–35
- Zhilkin BA, Doktorov AA, Denisov-Nikolskiy YuI. [Comparative characteristics of the mineral component of lamellar bone and hyaline cartilage]. Morfologicheskie vedomosti. 2004;1–2:39.